Instructions for Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup
Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup is a multifunctional printer that can print, scan and copy. It is capable of printing with the help of the wireless network connection. It is a high-volume printing process at very low running cost. Set the copy size and number of copies with the help of the LCD control panel. Print photos without margins using the Borderless Printing feature. It supports both Windows and Mac OS. It is the first refillable ink tank system printer launched by Canon. Print from your mobiles by accessing the compatible apps. An easy method to print on the go.
How to Set up the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer
- Take the Canon Pixma e3170 printer out of the box and place it on a flat surface.
- Check for the components in the box.
- Discard all the packing materials such as orange tape outside the printer.
- Use the power cable to establish a power connection.
- Plug in one end of the cable between the printer’s rear and the other end to a wall outlet.
- Switch on the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup by pressing the Power button.
- Raise the cover to reach the cartridge area.
- Take the new set of cartridges out of the package.
- Peel off the protective tape on top of the cartridge.
- Remember not to touch the electrical or copper contacts as it may result in ink system.
- Tilt the cartridge and insert it into its holder. Close the cover.
- Drag the paper tray to insert plain sheets of paper into it.
- Refrain from proceeding until it prints an alignment page.
Install Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Driver
How to Download the Driver for Canon Pixma e3170
- Locate the link mentioned on the page.
- Double-click on the link to initiate the download process.
- The setup file is available in the .exe or zip format.
- The downloaded file is available in the Downloads folder of the system.
- Decompress the file if it is in the zip format.
- Check if the system and Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup are in the active state.
- The transfer time varies based on internet connection speed.
- For a Mac system, the file extension is dmg.
- The driver supported by Mac is CUPS.
- It is available as a package and verifies the system settings.
- Select the mounted Disk image option.
How to Install the Driver for Canon Pixma e3170 Printer
- Free up the memory space on the system.
- Delete all the temporary files on the system.
- Select the driver download link to begin the download process.
- The setup file downloads in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click the link to begin the installation process.
- Choose the mode of connection as USB or Wireless.
- Carry out the instructions mentioned on the screen to complete the process.
- See the printer name on the available list.
- Try to print from the printer to check for the proper installation.
Why is the Manual Present in the Shipment Box?
If you do not know how to use the printer, the manual lends a helping hand to you to set the printer on a box. It is present as a hard as well as soft copy. Take the manual out of the box and use it to establish the network connection for the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup.
How to Establish a Wireless Network?
- Power up the printer and system.
- Use a wireless router to establish the printer and the system.
- The process of connection may vary based on the router type.
- Locate the WPS button on the router.
- Long-press the Setup button on the printer’s operational panel.
- Use the up and down arrows to choose the Wireless LAN setupand press OK.
- Long-press the WPS button on the router,
- Choose the WPS(Push button) and press OK.
- Wait for the printer to discover the list of available devices.
- Choose the printer name to establish the connection.
Wi-Fi Method to Connect the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer to a Network
- Use the router to connect the printer and system using Wireless Direct method.
- Existing wireless connection disables while using this mode of connection.
- Switch the printer from the mobile data connection to the device.
- The connection information stores automatically in Wi-Fi settings.
- The printer disconnects automatically after disconnecting the existing network.
- You can connect more than five devices using the mode of connection.
- Press the Wireless Direct buttonon the printer to establish the connection.
- Other devices connected to the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup cannot communicate with the printer.
- You cannot view the firmware updates of the printer while connecting.
Canon Pixma e3170 Mobile Printing
Mobile printing is compatible if the printer supports wireless connection. Launch the compatible apps on your smartphone to start the printing process. The compatible apps and its printing methods are depicted below. The apps mentioned are Pixma Cloud Link and Canon Print.
Canon Pixma e3170 Cloud Link
- Pixma Cloud Link is a service that interacts with all cloud services.
- Open the Canon Print app on your mobile.
- Check if the printer and the system are connected to the same network.
- Touch the Printer icon to see Printer Settings.
- Tap the Register with Cloud icon on the Printer Settings.
- Check if the IP address on the browser is similar to that of the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup.
- Download the install root certificate on the device.
- Move to the main screen after the installation process completes.
- Touch the Cloud option. Create a new account when the browser opens.
- Type the preferred email address and Printer registration ID & then press OK.
- Go through the instructions mentioned on the screen to get the printer’s registration ID.
- After the registration completes, wait for the Canon IJ Cloud Printing Center appears.
- View the media from the mobile device and verify the ink level status on the go. Open the document or photo to print.
- Tap the printer name from the list and click Print to start the printing process.
Canon Pixma e3170 Ink Cartridge
How to Install the Ink Cartridge on the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer?
- Power up the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup with the help of the Power button.
- Pull the paper output tray and the tray extension.
- Raise the cover to reach the cartridge area.
- Wait for the cartridge holder to move to the middle of the printer.
- Remember that you should not touch the holder or move it forcibly.
- Use the cartridges that are authentic with the printer model.
- Take the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Rip the protective tape on topof it.
- Seat the ink cartridge at a slant into the holder.
- Install the color cartridge into the left slot and black cartridge into the black slot. Ensure that the cartridges are correctly installed. Close the door.
Check the Ink Status of the Canon e3170 Printer
- Ink level detector is placed on the printer to verify the remaining ink level.
- See the ink status using the Color Ink light and black Ink light.
- If the ink level is low, replace it with a new one.
- Launch the printer driver setup window on your Windows system.
- Open the Canon IJ Status Monitor.
- Select the View Printer Status icon under the Maintenance tab.
- See the Estimated ink levels on the screen.
How to Print
- Pull the input and output tray.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Place it with the print side down facing the printer.
- Move the paper width guides for a secure alignment.
- After inserting the tray, the status and current paper size on the LCD.
- Press the Paper Select icon to choose the paper size.
- Use the My Image Garden appin Quick Menu.
- Select the Photo Print option. Choose the document or photos to print.
- Click Print to start the printing process.
- Get the documents or photos from the output tray.
- Use any compatible apps to print from smartphones.
How to Scan
- Use the IJ Scan Utility app to start the scanning process.
- Store documents, photos or other items at a time.
- Make use of the multiple scanning modes to start the scan process.
- Check if the Canon Pixma e3170 Printer Setup and the system are in active mode.
- Keep the documents or photos on the platen glass.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility software on the system.
- Select the Auto option to begin the scanning process.
- Click the Cancel icon to delete the scan job.
- Find the Settings dialog box to assign the scanned images and start the advanced scan settings.
After the file is scanned, check for the file in the destination folder