Easy Canon Pixma E510 Setup
Canon Pixma E510 First Time Setup
To set up your Canon Pixma E510 printer for the first time, follow the step by step process given below.
- Cut the tape from the shipment box and open the printer’s package.
- Discard the styrofoam packing materials from the printer.
- You will notice an installation CD-ROM, get started guide, power cord, and setup ink cartridges.
- Read the Get Started guide before you begin with the setup procedure.
- Peel the orange tapes off the printer and open the ink cartridge access cassette.
- Now, push the carriage to the rightmost position and lower the lever present in the ink cartridge slot.
- Uncover a new setup ink cartridge from its package and peel off the plastic cover from it.
- Remove the orange protective tape from the ink cartridges and install them into the ink cartridge slots.
- Open the paper input cassette and load sufficient papers into the cassette.
- Extend the paper extension tray, if required. Now, proceed to install the printer drivers from the link given on this site.
Canon E510 Driver Download for Windows
- Power off the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer, if it is already On.
- Now, click the Download link given on this site to download the drivers for Windows computer.
- Initiate the installer by double-clicking the icon of the driver file in the Downloads folder.
- In Windows, an Administration Rights screen will prompt when you try to install or uninstall any software on your computer.
- Install the MP Drivers by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Mention the connectivity type during the Canon printer driver installation.
- If you have opted for USB cable connection, affix the USB cable into the printer and computer, when prompted.
- After installation, restart your Windows computer to complete the installation properly.
Canon E510 Driver for Mac
- Power off the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer by pressing the Power button.
- Click the Download link given on this site to download the Canon printer drivers on your Mac computer.
- Go to the Downloads location and locate the driver file.
- The driver file will be named as mcpd-mac-e510-16_20_0_0-ea21_3.dmg
- Click the downloaded filetwice and launch the driver installer.
- The installation will start automatically.
- Follow the guidelines appearing on the screen to complete the installation.
- After the driver installation process is completed, restart your Mac computer.
- Power on the Canon Pixma E510 printer and install the ink cartridges.
- Load papers into the input tray and try printing a sample page.
Canon Pixma E510 Wireless Setup
The Canon Pixma E510 printer is a wireless capable printer. To connect the printer to a wireless network, you should require an active internet connection.
Canon Pixma E510 setup CD ROM Download
- Insert the installation CD-ROM into the computer’s CD-ROM.
- Wait until the Installer is initiated on your computer.
- If there is no response, click the Start menu and open the File Explorer.
- Select This PC from the list displayed on the left panel.
- Click on the CD-ROM icon twice and launch the installer.
- In the contents of the CD-ROM, select MSETUP4.EXE.
- Make your necessary preferences and follow the guidelines which are prompting on the screen.
- Choose the connectivity type and complete the MP Driver installation.
How to Install Ink Cartridges in Canon Pixma E510
In Canon Pixma E510 printer, use the ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer. PG-89 and CL-89 are the compatible ink cartridges with the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer. To get the best quality prints from the Canon Pixma E510 printer, make sure you install the ink cartridges into the appropriate ink cartridge slots.
- Press the Power button and switch on the Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge access top cover to reach inside the ink cartridge area.
- Uncover a new ink cartridge from the package.
- Peel the orange sticker off the ink cartridge.
- Lower the ink cartridge lever and install the ink cartridges with its ink nozzles facing the printer.
- Close the cartridge access top cover and the printer will start to print an Alignment page.
How to change Ink Cartridges in Canon Pixma E510?
Perform the following instructions to replace the ink cartridges from the Canon Pixma E510.
- Make sure that the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer is switched on.
- Open the cartridge access top cover and wait until the printer’s carriage moves to the replacement position.
- Push the lever and uninstall the empty ink cartridges from the slots.
- Uncover a new ink cartridge from its package.
- Peel the orange protective tape off the new ink cartridge.
- Install the ink cartridges into its appropriate slot and push the lever upwards.
- Close the ink cartridge access top cover.
- Now, the printer will automatically print an alignment page.
Canon E510 Printer Wireless Connection
- Download and install the Canon Pixma E510 printer drivers.
- Select Next on the initial screen and choose Wireless Connection as a connection method.
- Click on the Connect to the Network option and select Cableless Setup.
- When prompted, tap the Wi-Fi button and wait until the Power lamp flashes.
- Ensure that the blue Wi-Fi lamp flashes quickly and click Next.
- Select the region and other preferences.
- Click Yes to accept the end user terms and agreements.
- Click Next and connect the Canon printer to your wireless network.
- Once the Cableless setup is completed, a screen will appear with your printer name and the SSID name.
- Click Next and complete the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer wireless setup.
Canon E510 Printer USB Cable connection
- Tap the Power button and power off the Canon Pixma E510 printer.
- Ensure that the lamps on the printer have gone off.
- On your computer, load the CD-ROM in the CD-Drive.
- Wait until the installer is initiated on your computer.
- When the screen is prompted, select Easy Install and accept to the end user agreements.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Canon Pixma E510 printer drivers.
- On the Printer Connection screen, choose the Setup Method as Use the Printer via USB.
- Now, affix one terminal of the USB cable into the printer’s USB port.
- Connect another terminal of the USB cable into the computer’s port and power on the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer.
- When the USB setup is completed, click Next and remove the installation CD from the computer.
Printing Photos and Documents using Canon Pixma E510
- Power on the Canon Pixma E510 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Ensure that there are enough papers in the paper input tray.
- Install the ink cartridges into the ink cartridge slots.
- Open the image or document that you want to print.
- Click the File menu and select the Print option.
- Choose your printer model and click Preferences.
- Now, on the Quick Setup tab make the predefined print settings.
- Make the required print settings such as Media type, and Printer Paper size.
- Select OK and the printer will now print using the updated settings.
- Collect the printed documents from the printer’s output tray.
Canon Pixma E510 copy Function
- Turn on the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer by pressing the Power button.
- Load enough A4 sheets into the paper input tray.
- Place the original document to be copied on the Canon printer’s platen glass.
- Make sure that the documents are placed by the copy side facing the scanner glass.
- Tap the Color button for color copying and the Black button for black and white copying.
- Collect the copied documents from the Canon Pixma E510 printer’s output tray.
How to scan documents from Canon Pixma E510 Printer?
- Ensure that the MP Drivers are installed on your computer.
- Connect the printer and computer using wireless and USB cable connection.
- From the Start menu, search for Printers and Devices.
- Click on your Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer and select Next.
- Now, place the documents to be scanned on the platen glass and press the Scan button.
- The Canon printer will start to scan the documents placed on the platen glass.
- The preview document will appear on your computer.
- Make the necessary scan settings such as brightness and resolution and click Next.
- Choose a folder in which you want to save the scan documents.
- Click Save and the scan documents will be saved in the designated folder.
Cano Pixma E510 Mobile Printing Solutions
Mobile printing solutions will allow us to access the Canon printer from any device with the help of an active internet connection. The mobile printing solutions compatible with the Canon Pixma E510 printer are Selphy/Inkjet app, AirPrint, Easy-PhotoPrint Editor, and Pixma Cloud link.
Canon Pixma E510 Easy-Photoprint Editor
- Power on the Canon Pixma E510 printer and the computer.
- From the Start menu, open All Apps and click Canon Utilities.
- Select Easy-PhotoPrint Editor and in New screen, click Photos.
- Select the photos that you want to print on your Canon Pixma E510 Setup. On the Print Settings window, make the necessary print settings and click OK.
- Assign the number of print copies and specify the paper type.
- Load papers into the paper input tray and click the Print menu on your computer.
- Now, the selected documents will be printed on your Canon Pixma E510 printer.
How to Access the Canon E510 printer from Android?
- Download and install the Canon Selphy/Inkjet app from the Android store.
- Enable Wi-Fi on your Android smartphone.
- Power on the Canon E510 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the Canon Selphy/Inkjet app on your Android device.
- Press the Register icon at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Touch your Canon printer name and tap OK.
- When the registered printer appears on your screen, tap the Select Images option. Now, open the image that you want to print and press Select.
- Specify the Canon printer from which you want to print.
- Make the necessary print settings and tap Print. The printer will print the selected photos.
How to Access the Canon E510 printer from iPhone/iPad?
- Ensure that the Canon machine is powered ON and connected to a network.
- Open the document or picture that you want to print from your Apple device.
- Tap the Print option and from the Print Settings option, select the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer.
- Use the plus or minus icon to set the number of print copies required.
- If you want to print Duplex Printing, click on the Enable function.
- Save the changes made and tap the Print option.
- Collect the printed documents from the Canon printer’s output tray.
Canon Pixma E510 Troubleshooting Methods
Some problems might arise while using the Canon Pixma E510 printer. You can solve the problems easily by performing the standard troubleshooting methods. Canon also provides various automated tools to resolve the error occurring on the Canon printers.
How to fix canon Pixma E510 Error code E02?
- Power off the Canon Pixma E510 printer.
- Now, open the printer’s top cover and uninstall the printhead.
- Reseat your Canon printer’s printhead and keep in the inactive state for few minutes.
- Power on the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer and inspect that the error is not prevailing.
- If the error is persisting, remove the printhead from the printer.
- Clean the printhead using a lint-free cloth and reinstall it.
- Turn on the printer and try printing a sample page.
How to clean Canon E510 printer?
- Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility on your computer.
- Select the Cleaning icon and choose the ink group for which cleaning is required.
- Now, execute the cleaning process and ensure that the Canon E510 printer is turned ON.
- When the Nozzle Check dialog box opens, the cleaning process is completed.
- Select Print Check Pattern and check whether the print quality has improved.
- If the print quality is improved, perform the cleaning cycle again.
- If the Deep Cleaning method has not resolved your problem, power off the Canon printer for 24 hours. Try printing a sample page after 24 hours.
Canon Pixma E510 Paper Feeder not feeding paper?
- Make sure that the Canon printer is powered on.
- Unload papers from the paper input tray.
- View the Printer Properties dialog box and click the Maintenance tab.
- Select the Roller Cleaning option and confirm the choice by clicking OK.
- The paper feed roller will rotate and start cleaning.
- If the paper feed problem is not resolved, power off the printer.
- Wipe the paper feed rollers using a lint-free cloth.
- Now, try printing a sample page from the Canon Pixma E510 printer.
Canon Pixma E510 not printing
- Examine the power cable connection that is connecting your printer and computer.
- Fill the paper input tray with suitable papers.
- Uninstall the old printer drivers from your computer.
- Install the latest version by clicking the link given on this site.
- Now, check the ink level in the ink cartridges.
- Replace any low or empty ink cartridges from the Canon Pixma E510 Setup printer.
- Now, open a document and try printing a sample page,
- If the error prevails, proceed to reset your Canon printer.