Canon Pixma TS5170 Setup Support
Setting up the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer is an easy task. The components included in the box are a USB cable, power cable, ink cartridges, warranty card, and user manual. If any materials in the box are missing, call the manufacturer.
How to setup Canon Pixma TS5170 printer
- Open the box after cutting the tape on top of it. Check for items included in the box.
- Take all the packing materials that surround the box.
- Tear the protective tape and materials inside the box.
- Use the power cable located in the box to establish the connection.
- Link one end of the printer’s power cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to a wall outlet. Look for the Power button on the printer and push it to turn on the device.
- Raise the operation panel and press the ON button.
- Use Up & Down arrows to choose a language and click OK.
- Scroll down, select either the Agree or Do not Agree option and click OK.
- Read the message on the screen and press OK.
- Raise the scanner unit to insert the ink cartridge into the holder.
- Push the lever on the ink cartridge cover to close it firmly.
- Pull the input tray to insert compatible papers.
- Install a compatible Canon Pixma TS5170 setup driver on the system using the software CD.
Download Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver
The Canon Pixma TS5170 printer uses the IJ printer driver printing. It is a software that requires to be installed on the system for printing data. This software is compatible with different formats and needs to be compatible with the printer.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver Download
- Locate the link mentioned on the website.
- Double-click the driver download link on the page. The setup file downloads automatically and gets saved in the Downloads folder.
- If the driver is used in the Windows system, the setup file extension is .exe.
- If the driver is used in the Mac system, the setup file is available in .dmg.
- Check if the system has an active internet connection.
- Do not turn off the computer while the download is in progress.
- The transfer time may vary based on internet speed.
- Uninstall the duplicate Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer driver on the system if present.
- Go through the instructions mentioned below to install the driver.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver Installation
- The setup file is available in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on it to commence the installation.
- Launch the installer on the system.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Wait until the installation process begins.
- Install the driver on the system using the on-screen prompts.
- Use the steps mentioned on the screen to complete the process.
- Terminate the process by clicking the Complete option.
- A message displays on the screen prompting you to reboot the system.
- Restart the system to conclude the installation process.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Manual
The manual is available in a soft as well as hard copy. Get the hard copy of the manual from the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer’s shipment box. It contains instructions and pictorial representations of the setup procedure. If the hard copy is unavailable, download the driver from our website. Click the link to initiate the download process.
Canon Pixma TS5170 wireless setup
The wireless connection is a secure method to connect the printer to a network. Learn how to connect the printer to a network using the steps provided below.
How to connect Canon Pixma TS5170 to wireless
- Launch the IJ Network Device Device Setup Utility.
- Locate the Home button on the printer’s operational panel.
- Click the Network Status icon on the LCD.
- Verify whether the message is displayed on the screen and click Yes.
- Click the LAN Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless LAN -> Wireless LAN setup -> Easy Wireless Connect.
- View the message on the screen and click Yes.
- Go through the instructions on the screen.
- If a setup complete message appears, click OK.
Canon Pixma TS5170 USB setup
A USB connection is one of the easiest methods of connecting the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer to a system. Learn how to connect the printer to a system using the procedure below.
- Download the printer driver on your system.
- After downloading, install it using the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the setup file on the system.
- View the AutoPlay screen and click Yes to Continue. If the User Account Control Panel appears on the screen, select the Easy Install option.
- It installs application, software and on-screen manuals installed.
- Click the Custom Install option if you wish to choose particular items.
- Choose the Use the Printer via USB option and select the Next option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation.
- When the system prompts, connect the printer and the system using a USB cable. After completing the connection, click the Finish option.
Canon Pixma TS5170 ink cartridge replacement
A low ink level alert displays on the operation panel of the printer. In such cases, it is required to replace the ink cartridge.