Canon Pixma TS9170 Setup
The Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer is a premium wireless Photo All-In-One printer with a 6-ink system for vivid color photos and new Photo Blue ink for best-quality photo printing. It is available in a classy Champagne Gold color. It can be easily accessed using the full touch-screen Operation panel with 2-way paper feeding trays.
Canon Selphy CP1000 Specifications
The Canon Selphy CP1000 printer is the fast Wi-Fi photo printer and produces high-quality prints. It can print on glossy and semi-gloss papers. The main advantage is that you can directly print from cameras, memory cards, smartphones, and computers. The Canon Selply CP1000 printer is supported with Windows and Macintosh computers. Enjoy fast and smart printing using the Canon Print app, Mopria, and Apple AirPrint. Vibrant and superb-quality prints can be achieved in less than a minute. You can develop and share unique images quickly by using a wide range of options that includes photo-booth strips and ID prints.
How to Install Canon Pixma TS9170 Printer
- Cut the cello tape on the printer’s shipment package and open it.
- Remove the cardboard box from the printer’s package.
- Gently remove the printer from the package and place it on a flat surface.
- Discard the other Styrofoam packing materials from the sides of the printer.
- Remove the printer from the plastic wrap and peel-off the orange stickers from the printer.
- In the cardboard box, you will notice a power cord, setup ink cartridges, installation CD-ROM, sample photo papers, and a Get started guide.
- Now, plug one terminal of the power cord into the printer’s port.
- Fix the other terminal into the wall socket.
- The USB cable is not included in the printer package.
- It is recommended to buy a USB cable of 3 meters in length for a USB cable connection.
- Install the ink cartridges into the appropriate slots and close the access door.
- Load papers into the input tray and proceed to install the Canon printer drivers.
Free Pixma TS9170 Drivers
The drivers are the underlying factor that enables your Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer to perform its functions. There are two methodologies available to install the required printer drivers; you can adopt any one of them. Install the printer drivers using the installation CD, or you can directly download the printer drivers from the link given on this site.
Driver Download for Canon TS9170
- Power off the Canon Pixma TS9170 printer by pressing the ON/OFF button.
- Before you download, ensure that you have sufficient storage space on your computer.
- If there is no sufficient memory, clear the Cache and delete all the unwanted temporary files from your computer.
- Click the Download link given on this site to download the printer driver.
- Wait until the download process gets completed.
- Go to the Downloads location and find the printer file.
- For Mac computers, the file extension will be .dmg.
- For Windows computers, the driver file extension will be .exe.
- Run the file and start the installer to complete the driver installation procedure.
- During installation, don’t forget to choose the printer’s connectivity type.
Driver Installation Canon TS9170
- Be sure to power off the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer before continuing.
- Click the Download link given on this site and the driver file will be downloaded on your computer.
- You can also use the installation CD-ROM to install the printer driver.
- Launch the Installer and follow the simple on-screen guidelines.
- If the User Account Authority screen appears, click Continue.
- Click the Easy Install menu and confirm the applications to be installed.
- Read and accept the End User License and Conditions by clicking Yes.
- When the Printer Connection screen appears, choose the connection type.
- On the Setup Complete screen, click Exit to complete the installation.
- Now restart your computer and try printing a sample page.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Wireless Setup
Canon Pixma TS9170 is a wireless capable printer. Connect the printer and computer to the same Wi-Fi network and then print your documents wirelessly.
How to Connect Canon Pixma TS9170 to Wi-Fi
- Press the Power button and turn on the Canon Pixma TS9170 printer.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network.
- Tap the Home menu on the printer’s operation panel.
- Select the Internet icon present at the bottom-most position of the operation panel.
- Press LAN Settings and tap the Wireless LAN option.
- Select Wireless LAN setup and press Manual Connect.
- Now, the printer will search for the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the name of your Wi-Fi network and enter your WEP pin.
- Choose OK and when the completion appears, tap OK.
- Now, the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Canon TS9170 Airprint Setup
AirPrint is a feature that will allow you to access the printer from any Apple device.
- Power on the Canon Pixma TS9170 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Load enough papers into the paper input tray.
- Connect your printer and device to the same wireless network.
- On your device, open the image that you want to print.
- Tap the Share icon and click the Print option.
- Choose your Canon Pixma TS9170 printer under the Printer’s option.
- Make changes to the print settings and choose the number of copies required. Tap Print and the Canon Pixma TS9170 Printer will print the selected document.
Canon TS9170 Cloud Print Setup
- Power on the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer.
- On the printer’s operation panel, tap the Home button.
- Tap the Settings menu and select the Web Service Setup options.
- Press the Web Service Connection Setup and tap Google Cloud Print Setup.
- Tap the Register with Google Cloud Print option.
- Select Yes on the Confirmation screen and click Next.
- A confirmation message will be printed with an authentication URL.
- Start the Google Chrome browser on your device.
- Tap Sign in to Chrome and login to your account.
- Click Print and choose your Canon Pixma TS9170 printer.
Canon Pixma TS9170 USB Setup
- Be sure to power off the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer.
- Load the installation CD-ROM into the computer’s CD-Drive.
- On the AutoPlay screen, click Run Msetup4.exe.
- Click Easy Install on the main menu and a list of applications will be displayed on your computer. Select Install and read the End User License and Conditions.
- Accept the agreements by clicking Yes.
- On the Printer Connection screen, choose the connectivity method as USB.
- Now, connect one terminal of the USB cord into the printer’s USB port.
- Attach another terminal into the computer’s USB port.
- Complete the installation and try printing a sample page.
canon Pixma TS9170 Ink Cartridge Replacement
The Canon Pixma TS9170 printer supports six cartridges. They are Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Pigmented Black, and Photo Blue. If the ink level is low in any cartridges, replace it with a new one.
- Switch on the printer. Raise the scanning unit or cover.
- Halt until the holder moves to the replacement position.
- Take the ink cartridge out of the holder.
- Press the tab and remove the ink cartridge.
- Do not handle other parts of the cartridge.
- Remove the new ink cartridge from their package.
- Peel off the orange tape on top of it.
- Put the front end of the ink tank into the printhead.
- Ensure that the position of the ink tank is similar to the label.
- Close the scanning unit or cover.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Ink Refill
- Open the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer cover. Press the top of the cartridge to take it out of the holder. Peel off the label on top of the cartridge.
- Inject ink into the hole using a syringe.
- Do not overfill the cartridge.
- After refilling, use a tape to seal the hole on the cartridge.
- Install the refilled ink cartridge into the printer.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Check Ink Level
- Power on the printer and view the home screen.
- Use the Home button to display the settings.
- Click the Setup icon present on the Home screen.
- Refrain from proceeding until the menu screen displays.
- Click the Estimated Ink levels option.
- An exclamation symbol displays regarding the ink level.
- If the ink level is low, replace the cartridge.
How to Copy Canon Pixma TS9170
- Check whether the printer is in an active state.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the platen.
- Click the Copy button on the home screen.
- Select the Standard Copy icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait for the Copy standby screen to display.
- Place the original document or photo on the scanner platen.
- Alter settings on the printer. Check if the copy layout is displayed.
- Do the number of copies. Press the up and down arrows to view the copies.
- View the print settings. See the image preview on the screen.
- Press Color or Black to start copying.
Canon TS9170 Reset
You can perform either a hard or cold reset on the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup. The steps for the hard reset are mentioned below.
- Check if the printer is in an active state.
- If the printer is in sleep mode, turn it to active mode.
- Remove the power plug connected to the printer’s rear.
- Halt for at least 60 seconds. Replug the power cable to the printer.
- Check if the printer turns on automatically.
- If not, press the Power button on the printer’s operation panel to turn it On manually. This method helps to resolve printer issues.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting term is referred to solve an issue. If your printer encounters any problems, it is necessary to solve them. If the issue persists, it is impossible to print from the printer. Go through the major printer issues and solutions to resolve them.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Won’t Print
If you are unable to print, go through the solutions below to fix it.
- Check if the power cable is working correctly.
- Inspect the power cable for any damage.
- If so, replace the old cable with a new one.
- If the ink level is low, replace the cartridge.
- Delete the print jobs in the print queue.
- Verify the connection status between your Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer and system.
- An unstable connection may lead to the issue. Connect it properly.
Canon Pixma TS9170 Error
The printer displays various error codes. Here the solution for the error code 1000 is given below.
- Check if there are any papers on the tray.
- Ensure that they are loaded properly.
- Insert plain papers into the tray.
- Set the paper width guides against the paper edges.
- If the slot cover is open, the paper cannot be fed.
- After completing all the steps, click OK on the touch screen.
Canon TS9170 Paper Jam
If incompatible papers are inserted into the printer, then the issue occurs. Resolve it with the help of the steps provided below.
- Verify if there are any jammed papers inside the printer.
- Switch off the printer. Detach the power cable from it.
- Raise the paper output cover.
- Make sure that you do not touch the color film.
- Remove the jammed papers under the Fine cartridge cover.
- Ensure that you do not tear the paper as it may lead to a further paper jam.
Pixma TS9170 Not Turn On
If you are unable to turn on the printer, a set of solutions needs to be followed to fix the issue.
- Long-press the Power button to turn ON the printer.
- Check if the power cable is connected correctly.
- Remove the cable from the printer and wait for 2 minutes.
- After some time, replug the cable.
- Turn on the Canon Pixma TS9170 setup printer with the help of the Power button.
- Check if the wall outlet is working correctly.
- Issues in the wall outlet may lead to this problem.
- Try to link the device to a different outlet.