Canon Selphy CP1000 Setup
Canon Selphy CP1000 setup is an ultra-compact and portable photo printer. It prints yields fast, reliable, and professional quality photos whenever required. Due to its user-friendly printer, you can print documents at a fast pace. It has a 2.7” LCD for easy viewing and menus for simple navigation. Its quality is long lasting and prints photos in less than a minute. Link the Pict-bridge camera straight to the printer for a smooth printing process. Use the Dual ID Print as it helps to print different ID sizes on the same sheet of paper. Print from the memory card and USB flash drives whenever required.
Canon Selphy CP1000 Specifications
The Canon Selphy CP1000 printer is the fast Wi-Fi photo printer and produces high-quality prints. It can print on glossy and semi-gloss papers. The main advantage is that you can directly print from cameras, memory cards, smartphones, and computers. The Canon Selply CP1000 printer is supported with Windows and Macintosh computers. Enjoy fast and smart printing using the Canon Print app, Mopria, and Apple AirPrint. Vibrant and superb-quality prints can be achieved in less than a minute. You can develop and share unique images quickly by using a wide range of options that includes photo-booth strips and ID prints.
How to Setup the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer
- Open the shipment box to take the printer out of it.
- Discard all the packing materials surrounding the printer.
- Check if the power cable is free from damage.
- Insert the adapter cord into the printer and then into a wall outlet.
- Press the printer’s Power button to turn on the printer.
- Wait until the Home screen displays. Click the Setup -> OK icon.
- Select the Canon Selphy CP1000 Setup Printer icon and press OK.
- Select the Language icon and press OK. Click the Language option from the drop-down menu. Press the Home button to revert to the Home screen.
- Open the ink cassette cover. Insert the ink into the cassette until it snaps into place. Close the cover. Open the outer cover and the inner cover.
- Insert all the paper cassette with the stamp area facing to the input tray.
- Close the covers. After the cartridge alignment, the Canon Printer prints an alignment page.
Driver Download for Canon Selphy CP1000
To download the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer drivers, follow the setup instructions given below.
- Power on the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup by pressing the Power button.
- Click the link given on this site to download the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer driver.
- Wait until the driver download is complete and go to the Downloads folder.
- The driver file will be named as CP1000-100-101.exe.
- Perform the instructions that appear on the screen to install the printer driver.
- If the connection type screen is displayed, choose the connection type and click OK.
- Complete the installation and try printing a sample page.
How to Connect Canon Selphy CP1000 to Wi-Fi
- Tap the Power button to turn on the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Settings icon.
- Press the OK button and on the Wi-Fi Settings and then press the OK button.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network option, and the printer will start to search the available networks.
- Choose your network name and enter the Wi-Fi password.
- On your computer, go to the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Click Add Device and add your Canon Selphy CP1000 printer to the list of devices. Select OK and make the necessary changes.
- Set your Canon Selphy CP1000 printer as the default printer.
- Now, you can print photos from your computer.
Canon Selphy CP1000 Ink
Use the ink cassette which is compatible with the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup.
- Check the ink cassette size before you install it.
- Make sure that the ink cassette size matches the size of the paper you use.
- Open the ink cassette compartment cover.
- Insert the cartridge into the printer in the direction of the arrow.
- Close the ink cassette compartment cover to avoid getting dust on the sheet.
- Do not reuse the ink cassette and load the paper cassette.
- First, open the outer cover and load the photo paper.
- Try printing a sample photo to ensure that the ink cartridge is installed correctly.
How to Print on Canon Selphy CP1000
- Connect the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Insert photo papers into the paper input tray.
- Confirm that the printer is turned on and connected to the access point.
- Choose Wi-Fi Settings, and then tap the OK button.
- Choose the Connection Method and then select the OK button.
- Select the option Via Wi-Fi Network and then press OK.
- Choose the WPS Connection and then tap the OK button.
- Click on the PBC method and press OK.
- Establish the connection between the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup and computer.
- Open any photo on your computer and click the Print option.
- Changes the print settings and click OK. The Canon Selphy CP1000 printer will help you start printing the selected photos.
How to Print Photos Directly from a Camera on Selphy CP1000
- To print from camera, connect the printer and computer to a Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Power button to switch on the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer.
- On your Canon Selphy CP1000 printer’s control panel, tap the Wireless button.
- Choose the connection method and tap the OK button.
- Select the Direct Connection option and press the OK button.
- On the camera’s Wi-Fi menu, choose the SSID shown on the SELPHY printer and type the password.
- Use the camera to select the photos that you want to print and click Print.
- Do not disconnect the devices until the printing process is completed.
- Now, collect the printed photos from the printer’s output tray.
Canon Selphy CP1000 Mobile Printing Solutions
The mobile printing solutions enable us to print from any device irrespective of place. The Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup supports the latest mobile printing solutions such as Selphy/Inkjet app, Mopria print, Airprint, and cloud print services. Connect the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer and the device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Canon Selphy/Inkjet CP1000 App
- Press the Power button and power on the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer.
- Download and install the Canon Selphy app from the app store.
- The Canon Selphy/Inkjet app is available for both Android and Mac OS devices. Connect your smartphone to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, open the Canon Selphy/Inkjet app from your device.
- Add your printer name on the Selphy app and click OK.
- Open the image that you wish to print and click Print.
- Make the necessary print settings and click the Print option.
- The printer will start to print the selected documents.
- Collect the printed photos from the printer’s output tray.
Mopria Print Service
- You can print from Android smartphones using the Mopria Print Service.
- Load papers into the paper input tray.
- Download and install the Mopria Print Service.
- Open the printing menu and choose the image to print in an app on your smartphone.
- Choose your Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup in the printer menu.
- Specify the number of copies, layout, paper size, and other print settings.
- Tap OK and select Print.
- The Canon Selphy CP1000 will start to print the selected documents.
How to Print using Airprint Feature on Canon Selphy CP1000
To print from Mac OS devices, use the AirPrint feature. Follow the set of guidelines given below to print using the AirPrint feature on the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer.
- Power on the Canon Selphy CP1000 by pressing the Power button.
- Connect the Canon Selphy CP1000 to a wireless network.
- Link your Mac device to the same Wi-Fi network in which you have connected the printer. On your device, open the image that you want to print.
- Choose the appropriate options such as the number of copies, paper size, and other settings.
- Select your Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup from the printer’s list.
- Click Print and the selected images will be printed on your computer.
Canon Selphy CP1000 Troubleshooting
Canon Selphy CP1000 is a print-only printer and if at all you face a problem with printing, perform the general troubleshooting methods to fix printer problems. You can always check the printer’s connectivity to solve the common issues occurring on your Canon Printer.
Cannot Print on Canon Selphy CP1000
- Ensure that the power cord is secured correctly at both ends.
- Check whether the paper and ink cassettes are installed correctly.
- Now, power on the printer and try printing a sample page.
- If the error prevails, replace the ink cassette and refill the paper cassette.
- Ensure that you are using the recommended papers in the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup.
- Establish a connection between your printer and computer.
- Try printing a sample page to ensure that the error is resolved.
Canon Selphy CP1000 – Not able to Print from a Camera
- Check whether your camera supports PictBridge.
- When you are printing through USB, ensure that the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer is connected to the camera directly.
- Ensure that your camera batteries have enough charge left.
- If you notice that the batteries are depleted, replace them with fully charged ones.
- Remove any USB or memory cards connected to the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer. Now, try printing from your camera.
Poor Quality while Printing from Canon Selphy CP1000
- To improve the print quality of the Canon Selphy CP1000 printer, make sure that you use the ink sheet and papers that are free from dirt or dust.
- Power off the printer before you clean the printer’s interior.
- Clean the printer using a lint-free cloth.
- Do not apply too much force while cleaning the interior of the device.
- Confirm that the Canon Selphy CP1000 Printer Setup printer is away from electromagnetic waves.
- Do not load multiple papers into the paper input tray.
- Ensure that the power cord is fixed securely at both the terminals.